Mexican Chocolate Macaroons
8 ounces Semisweet baking chocolate, divided
1¾ cups plus cup whole almonds, divided
¾ cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Egg White
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Grease cookie sheets.
2. Coarsely chop 5 ounces of baking chocolate in a food processor.
3. Add 1¾ cups almonds and sugar. Pulse until finely ground.
4. Add cinnamon, vanilla & egg whites and process until mixture forms moist dough.
5. Form dough into 1” balls. (dough will be sticky)
6. Place 2” apart and press 1 almond on the top of each cookie.
7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
8. Heat remaining 3 squares of chocolate on low heat.
9. Place in a resealable bag. Cut off a small corner & drizzle chocolate onto each cookie.