Apple Struesal Bars
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® oatmeal cookie mix
½ cup firm butter or margarine
2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Place cookie mix in large bowl.
With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly and
coarse. Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture; press remaining crumbs in
bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
4. Spread cream cheese mixture
evenly over partially baked crust. In medium bowl, mix pie filling and
cinnamon. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle reserved
crumbs over top. Sprinkle with walnuts.
5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes longer or
until light golden brown. Cool about 30 minutes. Refrigerate to chill,
about 2 hours. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in
Makes 24 bars
Back to SJB Culinary Club